What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a nationally recognised, non-surgical evidence based form of physical therapy that helps treat joint pain, back pain and spinal pain caused by home, sports or workplace accidents.
How we help get you moving again – pain free
Osteopaths use a combination of treatments such as deep tissue massage, gentle spinal adjustments, dry needling, TENS therapy, shockwave therapy and exercise rehabilitation to help speed up recovery and reduce pain so that you can return to your daily activities as quickly and as safely as possible.
In our consultations, your osteopath will spend 45 minutes with you in order to thoroughly diagnose, assess and treat your sport or work related injuries. All osteopaths at Doctors of Osteopathy Victoria use only sound, evidence-based, non-invasive manual therapy techniques to help you recover efficiently and safely.
What Do We Treat?
- Spinal pain – lower back pain, neck pain, slipped discs and sciatica
- Joint pain – shoulder pain, frozen shoulders, hips, knee and meniscal damage, elbows, hands, ankle pain
- Muscle pain – muscle bruising, torn or strained muscles
- Tendon pain- tendinopathies such as Achilles tendinopathy, tennis/golfer’s elbow and rotator cuff strains
- Repetitive strain and postural injuries such as carpal tunnel, wrist pain, plantarfasciitis and patella tracking dysfunctions
- Arthritic joint aches and pains
If our osteopaths detect certain conditions or cases that require surgery or other artificial intervention, you will have peace of mind to know that our practitioners are well trained in identifying these acute cases and will help safely refer you to the right healthcare providers promptly to give you the best of care with your health in mind.
If you are looking for a clinic with supportive staff and well informed quality care to help ease your joint or back pain or just need a body tune up and posture check to help prevent any future injuries, visit the Doctors of Osteopathy Victoria clinic now located in Hawthorn East, Melbourne. To make an appointment with our expert osteopaths, please click here to book online.