We take our privacy obligations pretty seriously and we’ve created this document to lay out (in simple terms) how we store, maintain, use and disclose personal information.
We believe in complete transparency; so here are the bare bones of it!
We know how important it is to know where your information is going, that’s why we want to be completely transparent. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- social media information;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- date of birth;
- credit card or other payment information;
- information about your business or personal circumstances;
- sensitive information as set out below;
- information in connection with client surveys, questionnaires and promotions;
- your device identity and type, I.P. address, geo-location information, page view statistics, advertising data and standard web log information;
- information about third parties; and
- any other information provided by you to us via our website or our online presence, or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
What we’re collecting
We sometimes end up collecting personal information either directly from you, or from third parties, including where you:
- engage us to provide you services;
- contact us through our website;
- submit any of our online sign up forms;
- communicate with us via email, telephone, SMS, social applications (such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter) or otherwise;
- interact with our website, social applications, services, content and advertising; and
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
We may also collect personal information from you when you use or access our website or our social media pages. This may be done through use of web analytics tools, ‘cookies’ (not the delicious kind, we’re afraid) or other similar tracking technologies that allow us to track and analyse your website usage. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device and enable and allow the creator of the cookie to identify when you visit different websites. If you do not wish information to be stored as a cookie, you can disable cookies in your web browser. If you’d like an actual cookie, we’d love to share one at your next appointment.
Last bit of info – we may use Google Analytics to collect and process data, including when you use third party websites or apps. It’s pretty interesting stuff! If you’d like to read more about it, click here: How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.
We’re only using your personal information to make our services better for you
Are you curious about just WHY we collect and use personal information? Here’s a rundown:
- to provide services or information to you;
- for record keeping and administrative purposes;
- to provide information about you to our contractors, employees, consultants, agents or other third parties for the purpose of providing goods or services to you;
- to improve and optimise our service offering and customer experience;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you and for the purpose of direct marketing (in accordance with the Spam Act). In this regard, we may use email, SMS, social media or mail to send you direct marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the opt-out facility provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link);
- to send you administrative messages, reminders, notices, updates, security alerts, and other information requested by you; and
- to consider an application of employment from you.
For full honesty’s sake: we may disclose your personal information to cloud-providers, contractors and other third parties located inside or outside of Australia. If we do so, we’ll take all the reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient deals with such personal information in a manner – consistent with how we deal with it.
Sensitive info? That’s just between you and us
We know that we may end up collecting sensitive information about you during the course of providing you with our services. When you consent to providing us with information, the type of sensitive data we may collect generally includes your health and medical information.
That’s why we take your privacy VERY seriously. All sensitive medical information supplied to us will be kept strictly confidential and securely stored. Medical information will only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to providing you with our services, communications with your medical providers and practitioners at Doctors of Osteo, for SMS reminders and clinic updates, for insurance purposes, referring you to medical or health service providers in circumstances where we cannot obtain your consent and for legal disclosure when required by a court of law or to comply with our legal obligations.
So here’s our promise: your sensitive information will never be disclosed, shared or sold to any third parties. And you can ABSOLUTELY withdraw your consent at any time.
Your data? Encrypted. Secured.
We take great care to ensure your personal information is secure and protected from misuse or unauthorised access. Our information technology systems are password protected, and we use a range of administrative and technical measures such as 2FA to protect these systems. However, as we can’t always predict every single possibility, we can’t guarantee the security of your personal information.
There are some links on our website – trust your gut instinct when it comes to them
Our website sometimes contains links to other websites. Those links are usually provided if we think some info may be convenient for you. BUT, we can’t always guarantee that these third party links are current or maintained. We can’t be responsible for the privacy practices of those linked websites, so we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
Need to access or correct your personal info?
We’d love to hear from you. Grab our details from the ‘Contact Us’ section and leave us your name and contact details. Just as a safety precaution, we may need to verify your identity before providing you with your personal information. If we can’t provide you with access to all your personal information, we’ll explain why. We’ll also get to your request for access to personal information within a reasonable timeframe.
If you think that we’ve got some personal details or info about you wrong, please contact us using the contact details set out below and we’ll take all the reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Your happiness is what comes first, always!
If something didn’t go right, we’d love to know and help. Please get in touch ASAP, using the details set out below (and remember to include your name and contact details). We’ll investigate your complaint as soon as possible and get back to you within a reasonable timeframe.
We’d love to help.
Contact: Dr Abbas Din